by Intern Minister Michelle Ma and
We are whole beings, each and every one of us, with inherent worth and dignity. It's easy to say those words out loud and agree; another thing to put it into practice. How do we hold each other accountable for our actions in this world while still treating one another with compassion and kindness?
Seven Principles (from Wikipedia)
We, the member congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association, covenant to affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.